Hey guys need help with this problem that is suppose to read an unspecified number of scores and determines how many scores are above or equal to the average and how many scores are below the average. Enter a negative number to signify the end of the input. Assume that the maximum number of scores is 100. Anyway here is what I have so far. I know I'll need an array for the add button and a calculate that will need to access the array. My teacher is not very helpful. Here is what I have so far. I am completely lost.

Private Sub btnAdd_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnAdd.Click
        Dim getAverage() As Integer = txtAddScore.Text{getAverage1, getAverage2}
        Do While getAverage(99) > 0
        Loop
    End Sub
Private Sub btnCalc_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnCalc.Click

End Sub
End Class

Read Generics. The following code snippet will help you to understand the basics of collections (generics).

Dim p As New List(Of Double)
p.Add(10)
p.Add(20)
MsgBox(p.Average())
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.