Hi,

I hav heard that it isn't that simple to write a program in linux using c.
Lots of commands n stuff.Please simplify what actually I've got to do to run turbo c++ in my linux laptop as I am a beginner.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Please. Just download code::blocks for linux. You don't want to use Turbo altogether, because it's outdated. sudo apt-get install codeblocks or: sudo yum install codeblocks

Hi,

I hav heard that it isn't that simple to write a program in linux using c.
Lots of commands n stuff.Please simplify what actually I've got to do to run turbo c++ in my linux laptop as I am a beginner.

It's no harder to write C/C++ code in Linux than it is in Windows. In fact, I'd argue that for basic programming Linux is actually easier. You'll need a few things to get started. Open up whatever package manager you're using and install some of the following (depending on what you want to do):

a) gcc - C compiler
b) g++ - C++ compiler
c) An IDE or programmers editor. Some options are: codeblocks, geany (I really like this one), netbeans, or eclipse. The first 2 are the smallest and most basic ones. I'd probably start there.

Then just get a good C++ book and write as many programs as you can.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.