Hey everyone, Happy Thanksgiving first and foremost...

Second, I am attempting to build my own HTML Parser in C++ but I have no idea where to start...

I've looked at some of the examples and libraries out there on the web, but none of them really helped...

If someone could just outline a piece of code of point me to a tutorial on HTML parsing in C++ and I would take it from there...

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You say you want to parse HTML, but to what end? Are you writing a browser? Something to automatically check your stocks? A spider, perhaps? The answer to that question will determine the lengths you need to go to write the parser.

Oops, sorry AD :icon_eek: that was supposed to be +rep!

You say you want to parse HTML, but to what end? Are you writing a browser? Something to automatically check your stocks? A spider, perhaps? The answer to that question will determine the lengths you need to go to write the parser.

I basically want to save all text content, links and images to a tab-delimited text file...

I simply want to read in an HTML file and produce a tab-delimited file...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.