Hello...we are to make a project like "Text Twist"... but in the network connection form... maximum of four players so there will be also 4 computers connected by LAN... i just need ur advice guys f how could i make this project... is it about using database? when i tried to make a database application in visual studio, it is so hard... plz help me guys...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I guess that this is some sort of school/college project, I can't tell from what you tell me what the learning aim of the project is.

At a glance I would say you needed to look more closely at network programming using UDP or TCP rather than a database.

Hello...we are to make a project like "Text Twist"... but in the network connection form... maximum of four players so there will be also 4 computers connected by LAN... i just need ur advice guys f how could i make this project... is it about using database? when i tried to make a database application in visual studio, it is so hard... plz help me guys...

Why would you need a database when there is only four players? If you need to store the players and their information when the game is turned off a simple .txt file would do fine.

Second your going to need to do TCP and UDP socket programming to get this work and there are tons of examples on the internets.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.