I am a developer on the open source Audacity team and am trying to add some functionality. Currently if you drag the icon of a supported type (fi song.wav) onto an open Audacity project it loads the file.

However if you drag song.lnk (like an XP shortcut but different--looks like a shortcut to the user) it does not know how do get the real full path and file name.

This is (fairly) new behaviour to Windows (might be in Vista) and I have searched for an example which I could understand with no luck!

Any thoughts?

If you need to resolve the path and file name of a .lnk file (i.e. a shortcut) that's dropped on the Audacity project, you'll need to use the IShellLink interface. Read about Shell Links in MSDN.

This is (fairly) new behaviour to Windows (might be in Vista) and I have searched for an example which I could understand with no luck!

Sorry but I don't quite understand what you are saying here, shell links have been around since Windows 95 / NT 4.0. I suppose Windows 7 hasn't brought anything new to shell links.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.