this is my homework.....this is all new to me, i really need help, im reading the book but is confusing, any link to a tutorial would be good to give me an idea on what i need to do please!!!

In this assignment, you will write a program called Seconds Converter! Start the program with some general output informing the user what is the program all about - it takes as an input arbitrary number of elapsed seconds and converts it to hours, minutes and seconds. Then, ask the user for his/her name (first and last) to be typed at once and store it appropriately into one variable. In addition, ask the user to type the arbitrary number of seconds and store it appropriately. First, you will process the name of the user to determine what are his/her initials. You will process seconds entered at input to corresponding hours, minutes, and seconds, as discussed in class. The output of the program should be a file generated with the name "out.txt" with the following example content:

User enters the name at input: John Siddy
User enters the number of seconds at input: 15263

Your output should be a file named "txt.out" with the following content:

John Siddy, your initials are J.S.
You typed 15263 seconds
That is exactly:
4 hours
14 minutes
23 seconds

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Kudos for admitting it's homework. Look through your book better. If it's any good at all, the tutorials and examples you need are all right there in front of you. They may not be the answer to the problem, but you should be able to adapt them to it.

thanks! thats what im doing, i know i will do good.

Kudos for admitting it's homework. Look through your book better. If it's any good at all, the tutorials and examples you need are all right there in front of you. They may not be the answer to the problem, but you should be able to adapt them to it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.