* This program displays "I Love C++" to the Standard Output
*/

#include <iostream>

int main ()
{
    std::cout << "I Love C++";
    return 0;
}

I just DLed and Installed Cygwin and Netbeans using instructions from: http://netbeans.org/community/releases/65/cpp-setup-instructions.html

I did see that ths "type" of problem has been answered, but all were much bigger programs and the answers didnt seem to fit, nor did I understand them.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Delete it and install a better compiler such as Code::Blocks or VC++ 2008 Express. I know they both work ok.

Um, I was screwing up. I was trying to run main project in stead of just compiling the file. After I compile the file, it says "BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 2s)" but I am at a loss as to what to do next. I'm looking for a tutorial to try to figure it out and run the program, but I can not find any. I just dont know what I am doing :(

Thank you for your help. If you have any other suggestions please post.

Delete it and install a better compiler such as Code::Blocks or VC++ 2008 Express. I know they both work ok.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.