Hello, I just created a digital thermometer using a 8085 microprocessor. But the problem is we only had LM36 which measures temperauture in celsius, so we had to convert form celsius to farenheit, using hardware. But on a lab question the teacher wants us to convert the tempauture using software and not hardware, but I have no clue as how to do this in software, can somebdoy point me in the right direction to do this. Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The formula itself is quite simple:

F = (9/5)*C+32

Not sure if you want to do this in 8085 assembly?

Yeah, I already knew what the formula was, I just can't figure out on how to do it on a 8085 microprocessor.

Hello, I just created a digital thermometer using a 8085 microprocessor. But the problem is we only had LM36 which measures temperauture in celsius, so we had to convert form celsius to farenheit, using hardware. But on a lab question the teacher wants us to convert the tempauture using software and not hardware, but I have no clue as how to do this in software, can somebdoy point me in the right direction to do this. Thanks in advance.

...........................:-| ;)

Yeah, I already knew what the formula was, I just can't figure out on how to do it on a 8085 microprocessor.

If 8085 is anything like 8086 it goes:

xor ah,ah
mov al, celcius
mov bh, 9
mul bh
mov bh, 5
div bh
add al, 32
mov farenheit, al

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.