I recently wrote a small program to help people log into our office VPN without having to have IE open (at least not visible) so that we can do what we need to do when not at the office without having to have that on the Taskbar, too. Works great when I run it from within Visual Studio, however, when I pull the .exe from the Bin folder and try to run it, I come up with the "Could not load file or assembly" error. I did add a reference to the program when I wrote it, but shouldn't all of that be included in the .exe?

Without that, I can't pass this out to other people at work, unless I want to give them the source and teach them all how to use it. That would be by far more trouble than it's worth. Did I miss a setting, or am I just doing something stupid? I thought it was a pretty simple thing, really.

Thanks for any help you may offer.

Mike

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>I did add a reference to the program when I wrote it, but shouldn't all of that be included in the .exe?

Have a look at MSDN article.

Thank you for that great link. I have saved it to my bookmarks and will be going through it this evening when I get home. Looks like there's lots of good information in there.

I did manage to find the publish button this morning, and that did all that I could ever hope for with this program. Bet you can't tell I'm relatively new to programming, huh? lol

Thanks again for the great link. It is most certainly appreciated.

Mike

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.