Hi folks,

I have a .dat file (Bible verse) with the verses indexed according to date. It works in Linux environment. On clicking the program it popup the verse of the day corresponding to the date of computer. It'll repeat in following years.

Now I want to use the .dat file on Windows XP/Vista. So that after booting up the OS and login the verse of the day will be displayed on the screen. Please advise how to do it. TIA

If this is not for C# please advise where shall I post my request?

B.R.
satimis

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

>So that after booting up the OS and login the verse of the day will be displayed on the screen.

Add a link of your program into startup menu item.

>So that after booting up the OS and login the verse of the day will be displayed on the screen.

Add a link of your program into startup menu item.

Could you please explain in more detail. The .dat file was created on Linux and executed with program there.

TIA

B.R.
satimis

>Could you please explain in more detail.

Create C# win application. Write code to read data file and display appropriate text (verse) according to current date. Build your project and create a shortcut of executable (assembly) in startup menu item.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.