I was wondering if it was possible to use pygments with wxPython?
I want to use it on the text_ctrl widget.
If it is not possible on that widget but is possible on an other please tell me...

No. It may be possible with some sort of web page control, but that solution would be so convoluted that I don't even want to think about it.

Are you just trying to get syntax highlighting, or do you want pygments specifically? For the former, use wx.StyledTextCtrl.

Well Syntax-highlighting actually, but in the past I had already found the wx.StyledTextCtrl but I didn't found any real documentation on how to use it :s
you know a source perhaps?

Okay I followed snippsat his example and changed some things to see if I understand, and I do. (Scru's link is a good reference but to learn from it's quite heard)

I know how to colorize the text and I think I'm even capable of Syntax-highlighting a certain text. However I don't know how to colorize a text when it's been typed, cause that's how a text-editor works. you can add content which is also being colorised

somebody knows how I can capture what the user types before it is being passed to the screen?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.