i have multiple different programs that do different things published as different applications

i then have a toolbar type application that has a list of buttons that calls each of these mini applications.

all the applications are published to a public server, and each user on the network launches them from the public server..

i have not experianced any issues with the setup.
the buttons on the toolbar simply target the manifest file on the public server for the desired application, updating it when necessary and launching it for the user.

however on some machines, the buttons on the toolbar won't launch anything. even when the user has the mini applications already installed.

anyone have an idea as to why this might be causing issues? kind of confused

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

>all the applications are published to a public server, and each user on the network launches them from the public server..

It means a user can download an application. Isn't it?

>anyone have an idea as to why this might be causing issues?

Maybe lack of run time environment.

yeah - if they dont already have it installed on the machine then it downloads it and runs normally.

if there is an update it automatically updates.

if it is already installed then it just runs normally.

i didn't think of that the problems seems to just be on one pc right now so i will try to update his .net framework and see what happens from there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.