I have a database set up in Access. Currently I have 12 exact copies so individuals can enter data. We use the data to fill in multiple forms.

I know that VB can be used to allow everyone to access one database. Does anyone have this as a runtime module since I have never written in VB and don't know where to start. My last code writing was on a AS400.

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

MS Access supports multiple users using a single database at the same time. What issue do you run into? What happens when several people try to open the same database file at the same time?

Without the snipet of code you run into who can save what. All of my folks are working different records but sometimes they cannot save their work. MS Access do support (according to the web) a snipet of VRun Basic htat handles that problem

in multy user ms database one user access data other user want to access then error comes could not lock file

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.