Hi Everyone,

I would like to get some help in a way to convert C code to DLX assembly code.I have tried to search if there are tools available which would perform this, but whatever I find is to convert to MIPS assembly code.

Guidance to move further in this direction would be of great help.

Thanks.

UncleLeroy commented: violation of the multiple-post policy +0

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Assuming you have a C compiler for a DLX (whatever that is), this is trivial, since most C conpilers (all the ones I have ever seen) have an option to save the assembly language output to a file. This takes advantage of the way many compilers are written, ie. they convert the C code to assembly language, and then run the assembler.

Assuming you have a C compiler for a DLX (whatever that is), this is trivial, since most C conpilers (all the ones I have ever seen) have an option to save the assembly language output to a file. This takes advantage of the way many compilers are written, ie. they convert the C code to assembly language, and then run the assembler.

yes, thats true. I am in a situation where in I find C compiler which would compile in assembly language, but not as per the instruction set of DLX processor. I was looking for if somebody has an idea, about any C compiler which would compile in DLX instruction set.

You can get much faster (and better) results searching google "C compiler for DLX".

you mean, results like this one?

Posting the same question in multiple forums is a violation of web-site policy.
Please go back and read the rules.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.