Can a tuple hold a URL that points to a particular file, so that when a SELECT is made on that tuple it will open up the file itself? What I'd like to do is within the db store the URL like "C:\MyDocuments...\Image1.jpg". When I use a SELECT statement on the tuple within SQLServer I'd like it to return the actual image. Any ideas if this can be done?

Shannon

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You can store it directly into the SQL database.If you store it in the database,it is really helpful in securing the images.

But it depends on How many Images you got to display.

How many Images you got?

There are several images stored within a folder. Unfortunately my client does not want the images stored within sql server db. Instead he wants the file address stored within the db. (ex: DB tuple holds a text data type value, "C:\MyDocuments\Images\Img1.jpg"). When the db is queried the client wants the image to load a picturebox control in vb.net with the appropriate image. Any ideas?
-Shannon :rolleyes:

You can store it directly into the SQL database.If you store it in the database,it is really helpful in securing the images.

But it depends on How many Images you got to display.

How many Images you got?

Well you can do something like this.
1.Create an Image webcontrol.
2.Get the Image URL from the database and store it in a string.
3.Set the Image Webcontrol URL to that string

Something like this.

Dim Var1 As String = "http://www.well.com/user/jillhill/cay-c.jpg"
        Image1.ImageUrl = Var1

Set URL you get from the database to Var1 value.

Hope it helps

I'll give it a try. Thanks again!
-shannon

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.