Hi all !
I 'm working with my friends in a basic game project ( it 's just a newbie one, though )
I 've searched and tried all tips that I 've found : setting the include Directories, adding the Linker, copying SDL.lib and SDLmain.lib to VC++ lib folder, throwing all .dll of SDL to System32 ... but it still DO remain the following errors :

1>------ Build started: Project: SDL_week2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>state_about.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__circleColor referenced in function "void __cdecl render_about(struct SDL_Surface *)" (?render_about@@YAXPAUSDL_Surface@@@Z)
1>state_about.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__rectangleColor referenced in function "void __cdecl render_about(struct SDL_Surface *)" (?render_about@@YAXPAUSDL_Surface@@@Z)
1>state_about.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__hlineRGBA referenced in function "void __cdecl render_about(struct SDL_Surface *)" (?render_about@@YAXPAUSDL_Surface@@@Z)
1>state_about.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__hlineColor referenced in function "void __cdecl render_about(struct SDL_Surface *)" (?render_about@@YAXPAUSDL_Surface@@@Z)
1>state_about.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__filledEllipseColor referenced in function "void __cdecl render_about(struct SDL_Surface *)" (?render_about@@YAXPAUSDL_Surface@@@Z)
1>state_about.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__stringColor referenced in function "void __cdecl render_about(struct SDL_Surface *)" (?render_about@@YAXPAUSDL_Surface@@@Z)
1>state_about.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__circleRGBA referenced in function "void __cdecl render_about(struct SDL_Surface *)" (?render_about@@YAXPAUSDL_Surface@@@Z)
1>C:\Users\Obelisk\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SDL_week2\Debug\SDL_week2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

If I remove my SDL (Simple DirectMedia Layer) functions listed in the error messages, the project is built successfully .
Nah, I forget to tell you that I 'm using VC++ 2010 Express .
Here 's the whole VC++ 2010 project :

http://www.mediafire.com/?5z1nj5kunuk

Can you please try it once and give me some tips ? :$
Thanx for even just downloading my project :-/ . I really gave up in searching and trying :@

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

@ daviddoria : it took me a lot of time searching for the topic . But I still keep searching ... ^^
@ Ketsuekiame : the package for VC return some errors when I try to build it with VC++ 2010 ... One of them is "can not open SDL.h : the file does not exist" ...
If you are using Windows 7 and VC++ 2010 Express, can you build it then upload to MF please ? :twisted:
By the way : from your link I 've found another tip for building SDL.lib and SDLmain.lib, I 've succeeded with the SDLmain.lib ( after building it appeared in the "Debug" folder of the project ... but SDL project presented me some lovely errors such as :

1>------ Build started: Project: SDL, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'dxguid.lib'
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Heizzz ... VC is really a painful guy ... :sad:

The only libraries you need are SDL.lib and the one that is built from the gfx library. (It will have the same project name)

In the project properties, add an include folder to the C/C++ section. Select the include directory of your SDL folder and that should fix most include errors. Any further ones and just tweak them with the correct path.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.