Hey Guys,

Here's my code - for some reason, the message boxes aren't showing when I run the application. However, it shows up fine when I click the button on the form. Any idea why this would happen? Thanks.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.DirectoryServices;
using System.DirectoryServices.AccountManagement;

namespace REG_Asset_Checkout
{
    public partial class main_Form : Form
    {
        public main_Form()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {

MessageBox.Show("You are a Domain Admin - Controls Unlocked!", "Authentication Notice", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information);

}

private void main_Form_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            // TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'reg_checkoutDataSet.Laptops' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
            this.laptopsTableAdapter.Fill(this.reg_checkoutDataSet.Laptops);

// Create the context for the principal object. 
            PrincipalContext ctx = new PrincipalContext(ContextType.Domain, "REG");

// Retrieve the group principal object for the group you need.
            GroupPrincipal groupPrincipal =
                            GroupPrincipal.FindByIdentity(ctx, "Domain Admins");

// Check to see if this user is a member of the "Administrators" group.
            bool isMember = UserPrincipal.Current.IsMemberOf(groupPrincipal);

if (isMember)
            {
                button1.Enabled = true;
                MessageBox.Show("You are a Domain Admin - Controls Unlocked!", "Authentication Notice", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Information);
            }
            else
            {
                button1.Enabled = false;
                MessageBox.Show("You are not a Domain Admin - Controls locked!", "Authentication Notice", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error);
            }

}
    }
}

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I'm assuming the main_Form_Load is hooked up to the Load event of the form?

Only thing I can think is that the event is not hooked up, can you debug the code? If you put a breakpoint in main_Form_Load does it get hit?

I think method main_Form_Load is not attached with Load event. Please verify Load event and Load event handler.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.