Hey guys,

First post here. This community looks create.

I'm working on a final school project and we must move the cursor to a designated position without the use of:

mouse_event()
SetCursorPos()

we then need to perform a check to say if the position is correct with the numbers we were given.

I am completely stumped. I've been googling for hours and this project is due monday :(.

Thanks Guys,

Jeff Pody

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

jeffpro,

Welcome to DaniWeb!

SetCursorPos() seems reasonable, too bad you can't use it! Which operating system are you using? That is definitely going to dictate how you need to go about this.

Dave

Ya I know right :(

Windows XP.

Thanks for prompt response!

Well you can use SendInput() but it kinda works the same way as mouse_event() so may be considered cheating.

Yea, sendinput is not allowed professor said.

I don't understand what he is expecting you to do, then? Make a little 2D treadmill for a mouse with a ball that you control to physically move the cursor??

I don't understand what he is expecting you to do, then? Make a little 2D treadmill for a mouse with a ball that you control to physically move the cursor??

Lol! Maybe he happens to know something atrociously tedious which sane people do NOT prefer to use & is trying to leave a mark on his students of his "superiority".
jeffpro, kindly ask him what's his "way" of over-complicating a simple task & if in the end it turns out to be insanely moronic act of complete ignorance, kindly ask him to punch himself in the face to knock some sane sense into him. Period.
P.S. Is he by any chance the descendant of Rube Goldberg?

Hey, sorry I was away from PC for a period of time.

No we need to move the cursor from point A to point B which the use of those functions :(

You want the mouse just to appear somewhere or do you want it to magically move across the screen?

We place cursor on point a

Press designated key and must hit point b

Any ideas?

bump :( please guys 1 week left

To me it's unclear what the program actually is about precisely, but would ClipCursor() be accepted?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.