Hiya,

Does anyone know of linking Java with Fortran under Windows OS, preferably Windows XP? Can anyone give a short example including code?

I have found pretty good examples of using Java-JNI-C/C++ works pretty well. I am using Dev-C++ compiler.

I look forward to hearing from someone.

Thx
Rony

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Let me get this straight. You want to know how to link FORTRAN (no version given) with Java (no version given), in a C and C++ forum?

Bwahahahaha! :cheesy:

Let me get this straight. You want to know how to link FORTRAN (no version given) with Java (no version given), in a C and C++ forum?

Bwahahahaha! :cheesy:

Hiya,

The reason I posted in C/C++ forum beacause, as far as I know C or C++ can work as a wrapper for Fortran to call Fortran Function while JNI can link Java and C/C++.

I have seen some examples but they used Linux OS, while I am looking to link Fortran77 with Java (j2sdk1.4.2) under windows XP platform.

Thx
Rony

>as far as I know C or C++ can work as a wrapper for Fortran to call Fortran Function
My copies of the C and C++ standards don't mention anything about FORTRAN. Perhaps you're thinking about an implementation rather than the languages themselves.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.