when i try to add a new data source halfway through the add new data source wizzard it gives me this error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
un expected error has occurred

error message: Could not load type

Microsoft.visualStudio.DataDesign.SyncDesigner.SyncFacede.SyncManager,from Assembly

Microseoft.VisualStudio.DataDesign.SyncDesigner.DslPackage
Version=9.0.0.0 culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7ff11d50a3a'.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

is there any way pass this because it will not let me add a new data source or am i missing something or doing some thing wrong.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Its a known issue; an incompatibility between VS2008 RTM and SP1.
The error is a result in an incomplete SP1 installation. Try reinstalling SP1 to see if it resolves it.

Its a known issue; an incompatibility between VS2008 RTM and SP1.
The error is a result in an incomplete SP1 installation. Try reinstalling SP1 to see if it resolves it.

first of all thanx for replying to my thread .can you please tell me which service pack are u talking about is it sp1 for windows 7 or any thing else?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.