Hello Friends, I was reading about the orthogonality and it's advantages. Then heard something like "Java is an Orthogonal Language".

Can anyone explain me what do we mean by a particular programing language being orthogonal?
If I am using Java for development of my application, does it imply that my application is Orthogonal?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Orthogonality means the feature of a program can be used freely without having effect to othet features.

Hello Friends, I was reading about the orthogonality and it's advantages. Then heard something like "Java is an Orthogonal Language".

Can anyone explain me what do we mean by a particular programing language being orthogonal?
If I am using Java for development of my application, does it imply that my application is Orthogonal?

can we say inheritance is not an orthogonal feature??? or to reserve it for mltiple inheritance?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.