Hi there,

I have some problem with accessing API using PHP. Here is the story :
I use PHP as my main script on my webserver.
I want to retrieve data in database server (oversea).
The database server provides API and it's available to download.
So I download the API but dont know how to use it....:(
oh yes, the API is bundled in .jar file. There are example files but all of them are written in java and there are something about java rmi etc....

please help me to find a way to retrieve data from the database. can i use API? how to use it? is it possible for PHP to call API written on java

Thank you very much

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

No, but you could use JSP...

Or write a Java program that runs constantly and can communicate in some way (probably through SOAP) with your PHP application and use that as middleware.

But indeed, moving to a JSP/Servlet environment is the best option by far.

Thank you very much for the replies.....
I already setting up the apache using php_java bridge and it works well (the PHP can access all java class, such as java.lang etc).....

yes, write java application and php connect to the java application could be possible. However, im not quite sure how to call the class. There is a java example using the API which is run in command line. To run or compile this example, i have to call : java -classpath .:../<API jar file> <classname>...........how can avoid this problem?

another question : The class which i want to call is in jar file. It's in directory, say : aaa/bbb/ccc/ddd/eee......how to instantiate a class which is in a sub directories?

is it possible for me to just instantiate the API class (API available from the database server) and call the methods on it?

Cheers.....

I already setting up the apache using php_java bridge and it works well (the PHP can access all java class, such as java.lang etc).....

yes, write java application and php connect to the java application could be possible. However, im not quite sure how to call the class. There is a java example using the API which is run in command line. To run or compile this example, i have to call : java -classpath .:../<API jar file> <classname>...........how can avoid this problem?

another question : The class which i want to call is in jar file. It's in directory, say : aaa/bbb/ccc/ddd/eee......how to instantiate a class which is in a sub directories?

is it possible for me to just instantiate the API class (API available from the database server) and call the methods on it?

Cheers.....

I am guessing that "aaa/bbb/ccc/ddd/eee" is a package name. So, use aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd.eee.YourClassName. Make sure that the path of .jar must added with CLASSPATH env; variable.

Cheers.....

Since you said you are calling java from php ... using java-php bridge... can u please list me down the steps ... as i am unable to do the same ... Thanks in advance!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.