Hello,

I'm using a form with a 0.01 opacity and I want to draw a rectangle on it... but of course, the rectangle is also invisible when drawn.
Is there a way to make the form invisible, but not the rectangle I want to draw on it?

thank you

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi there,

Look for the "FormBorderStyle" property of your form and set it to None. I think you want to get this effect :) Hope it helped

Best regards,
Tamas

Hi there,

Look for the "FormBorderStyle" property of your form and set it to None. I think you want to get this effect :) Hope it helped

Best regards,
Tamas

Sorry, but I don't think you understood my question. I have a maximized form which is almost invisible (0.01 opacity) on which I can draw rectangles (using the mouse). But because of the form's low opacity the rectangle's border is practically invisible.
My question is if there's any way to draw a rectangle on a form without the rectangle to inherit the form's properties. The opacity in my case.

If it's me that didn't understood your answer, please excuse me, but could you be more specific? :)

If I were you, I would just screenshot the background, and then set it to the form background.

Thanks for the reply guys. Although your suggestions could be considered a nice workaround... sorry guys, but it doesn't really solve my problem... I don't want to crop the image. Cropping the image would make my entire app useless... I just want my rectangle's border to be visible when drawn on a low opacity form.

farooq posted a link to his tutorial on a similar thread that might be of help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.