Hi!

This will probably be an easy question to answer but the solution is eluding me. I just started writing c++ programs and they work fine on my computer (I use visual studio to compile them). the problem I am having is I would run my program on another computer and I simply cant figure out how to do that without taking the source code and re-compiling it on the second computer.

Is there a way to make an .exe file or something similar that I can just put on the other computer and have it run?? Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

That's called deploying an application in the solution space.

In the visual C++ there is an option called build release.
and in your project directory there is a sub directory called release.

and the difference between the release and debug is release is without
debug symbol tables and dead optimized.

>> Is there a way to make an .exe file or something similar that I can just put on the other computer and have it run??
yes you can.and if you have used the shared libraries in your code you have to
copy them too.Such as DLL's.

If you're doing this according to the industry standards , then read this too.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/zebw5zk9.aspx

ps:but, I never deployed an application which is according to the industry standards.

With this information hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to do the 'build release'? Thanks for the quick response :)

pls help me write a programm to sum even numbers from 2 to 100 on cpp

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.