Does anyone know if it is possible to create a program which runs on windows.. but has a Macintosh Window appearance? I would like to have a Mac. appearing window.. on windows.. Example: Instead of the close, minimize, and maximize being red, blue, and blue (Windows 7).. I would like the buttons to reflect macintosh's orange, green, and red ones.

If there is no api.. or image library that can be downloaded to fulfil such a task.. then does anyone know if it would be legally possible to just copy and paste a few macintosh window components onto a windows program.. and use them in a commercial product?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You can create a window without buttons or a boarder and create your own buttons using the mac images and then bind windows functions to them.

Would I be infriging on Macintoshes' rights if I were to use mac images in a commercial software for windows though?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.