Can anyone help me how to display records in my crystal report control? I followed the steps I found in the Internet but when I run my application the crystal report does not display anything. What might have been causing this? Anyone, please? Our defense is getting closer...

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

This are the steps of creating a crystal report
>project-add new item-standard style-select data source for your data-- follow the wizard.
>drop a crystalreportviewer on your form. set its docking propert to fill.
>>>>>actual coding here<<<<<
dim report as new crystalreport1.rdc
reportviewer1.reportsource=report
crystalreportviewer1.refresh
NB:report is a variable.you can call yours anything.crystalreport1.rdc is my crystal report name;replace this with yours. crystalreportviewer1 is also my default reportviewer control;replace it with yours.
this will work cos it has worked for me!!!!!

Not sure if you are aware, there are sample codes available in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Crystal Reports\Samples\En\Code\. Maybe you might be interested to have a look

I followed the directory. The file is in .zi format. When I extracted it, it displayed 2000+ errors. It cannot be extracted.

Can you explain what you try and where you get the problem with code so that I will help you in batter way.

There actually is no error. What I did was, I created a crystal report following the wizard. I created a form, dragged a crystal report viewer onto it then set the source of that control to my crystal report. I run it, but nothing is displayed. I just clicked the small arrow symbol on the topright of the control to set its report source

Please when you ever you ask for please provide enough information about your problem, here still you did't mention about data source are you using SQL or Access and what type of error you get.
Although I am going to tell you with Access

1. Add crystal report
2. Choose "Using the report wizard" standard -> click on OK
3.Create New Connection->Access/Excel(DAO)->
Data Base name <Browse your database>
Data Base Type <Access> -> click on Finish
4. Select table and then click on ">" and then click on next
5. Select field from Available Field and click ">" or click on ">>" for all field
6. Click On Finish
now drag crystal report viewer on to your form and click right arrow to select crystal report -> click on "choose crystal report" select crystal report from combobox and click on ok

I hope it will help full for you
If you still get any problem please specifies your error and ask.

Best Of Luck.

Can anyone help me how to display records in my crystal report control? I followed the steps I found in the Internet but when I run my application the crystal report does not display anything. What might have been causing this? Anyone, please? Our defense is getting closer...

can u tell the steps which u followed to connect th the database also which is the database u r trying to connect to

In my previous post i have provided you a link if you check this link it is very comprihensive for crystal reports.

Thank you naveed_786 for your thoughtfulness, for your help. I have followed that or I have done that even before, there is no error but the problem is no data is being displayed when I run it. I'll try to check the link yo have provided.

check these two thing
1.I think you did't design your crystal report.
2.You also have to check is that your data set fill by record or not.

If it doesn't displaying data then it sounds me your report didn't find database did you create connection for your databse?????? or did you provide connecting string??????

When I used a crystal report with access 2007/2010 and that database have a password, I can't connect and say this message:
"
The connection is not possible
Details: ADO Error Code: 0x
Source: Microsoft Access Database Engine
Description: Can not start your application. the workgroup information file is missing or Opened Exclusively by another user.
SQL State: 3028
Native Error:
"
just like that. so if a remove the password from the DB I can create the reports but, I need the password..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.