Agent Cosmic 0 Junior Poster in Training

Please bear with me, I'm quite new at this Java stuff.

I'm quite confused as to what Java technology does what and which is a better choice. I've done quite a lot of research and found Wicket, Seam, Spring, JSF, Struts and Hibernate to be especially popular. But I'm very confused as to which one does what. Here a list of questions:

Does Wicket, Spring or Struts etc provide a complete set for be to build a full scale web application?
By far which framework is the most popular and modern? Something like the jQuery of JavaScript. And is also well backed by a strong organization/dev team and user community.
Is Tomcat going to get outdated because of GlassFish? Which should I use?
Spring has so many framework which am I suppose to use?
Is JSF 2 that bad? I only heard about JSF 1.
Will any of these framework get outdated, maybe because JSF is the standard now.
I've heard something about components like RichFaces or IceFaces. What are they?
After learning or using any of these frameworks do I still need to learn JSP and servlets?
I'm also looking for performance in these frameworks.

I know there are a lot of threads about this, but most of them are outdated and don't have a proper explanation. Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.