Hi All,

I think that answer to this should be fairly easy, but having googled it for a while and changed some settings I am no closer to the solution. I simply want to change the database that a dasaset points to in my c# application.

I've got a winform that has a SQL Server (2005) backend. I've created a copy of the database on the server so that I have one live version (asset_databaseSQL) and one that can be user for training/testing (asset_databaseSQL_TESTING).

My dataset currently connects as follows:
Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=DOTNET\SQLEXPRESS;Persist Security Info=True;Initial Catalog=asset_databaseSQL

and I've tried changing it to:
Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=DOTNET\SQLEXPRESS;Persist Security Info=True;Initial Catalog=asset_databaseSQL_TESTING

I've changing the connection string in the app.config file (both in the solution and from outside) and I've tried changing the connection setting under the solutions properties. However, none of these changes seems to seems to have any effect. i.e. if I run the application and change/add something, the changes are made to asset_databaseSQL, even if the connection string point to asset_databaseSQL_TESTING.

Short of going through every line of code in every associated file and changing each instance of asset_databaseSQL_TESTING to asset_databaseSQL (which would be really messy and not guaranteed to work!), I'm not sure what to do. Is this a bug? Seems like it shouldn't be too tricky a thing to do.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

Anyone?...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.