Hi, I'm a college student at UAH that hasn't taken a computer science class in almost 2 years. I need this one to continue on with my major, but I can see that I remember a lot less than I'm suppose to. Basically, I don't understand what he's asking for on the assignment. It was assigned Thursday but we didn't go over it and it's due this Thursday. I will be asking him tomorrow (Tuesday) about it but I wanted to get a jump start and also know what I should ask him.

Here's the assignment:
http://cs.uah.edu/~mmorriso/cs221/programs/program1a/Program1A-fa05.pdf

Here's the rest:
http://cs.uah.edu/~mmorriso/cs221/programs.html

Thank you,
Adrian

PS. I'm not asking for someone to do it for me, I'm asking for guidance and maybe help putting together a skeleton I can follow to complete it.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi...i read your assignment.....and i found it self explanatory.....i guess almost all the things are well defined........

but i guess since its long time you haven't been in touch with C++
so i guess you should take a look at these articles...it will help u

1.cplus.about.com/library/weekly/aa101402a.htm
2.www.devarticles.com/c/a/Cplusplus/ Operator-Overloading-in-C-plus/
3.msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/ vclang/html/_pluslang_overloaded_operators.asp

start doing your assignment and wherever you are struck just post the problem...and someone will definetly solve it/try solving it :cool:

Merci! Unfortunately, I understand how to do operator overloading. My problem is I don't know how he wants me to use it. Like what is an error record, and how to keep priority. Etc. What am I testing?

THis is the first assignment and the first two chapters of the book deal with reviews from for loops, structs, etc. I tried to get ahead but it seems like he jumps around chapters a little. That's fine, but the last thing I did was a black jack program.

If the assignment is already in lamen's terms then I guess I need it in retard terms. :o

I'm glad everyone is here to help. I had to work all this weekend 12 hours a day, so I haven't gotten a chance to start it. I don't know where to start. Heck, Visual Studio.net was a pain to put on my computer and laptop.

Anyways, sorry for ranting, just frustrated.

Thank you,
Adrian

An error record is a record of an error. Consider, for example, a web server. Some errors can happen, such as a File Not Found error, or a Permanent Redirect. You need to create a structure that holds this sort of error. Apache would store these errors in a log file; you're storing them in memory.

One of your error records might contain information like:

Error code: ax332z
Timestamp: 4730728704
Priority: 0

OHHHHHH. For some reason after reading that it, it makes more sense reading the actual assignment. So, how do I get started?

Think about how to solve the problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.