Hi, I've been using VB.NET for quite a while now, and would definitely consider myself beyond a beginner. However, I have never attempted to use Data binding before, and have read lots of stuff online about it, but I still don't understand quite how it works.

I have a form where the user puts in the username and password (VB 2008 Express), and I want to save what the user puts in so they can be retrieved later for login purposes. I have added a database to the project, and please note that I don't have MS Access (but do have Excel if that's of any use).

Many Thanks,

JPeacock.

N.B. I am sorry if I have made any newbie mistakes with regards to forum etiquette etc, so please inform me if so. :)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

what database have you added to the project? there are different connection strings for different Dbase Systems

Just a 'local database' (an SQL Server Compact 3.5 database apparently), from the Add New Item menu ... As I said, I've never done this before, so didn't really know what to do.

Many Thanks,

JPeacock.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.