Please help!

I'm trying to install Visual Basic Express edition 2010 on my windows Vista computer. The .net framework 4.0 is installed (or so the control panel says), but the visual basic installation fails every time it gets to "Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express," which is the first item to be installed. before installing, I uninstalled the .net framework 3.5 along with vb and c++ 2008 express editions.
First, I get the following error message 7 times in a row:

The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2908.

Then, I get the following error message:

Error 1935.An error occured during the installation of assembly 'msddslmp,version="10.0.0.0",publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a",processorArchitecture="MSIL",fileVersion="10.0.30319.1",culture="neutral". Please refer to Gelp and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x8002802F.

Then, the installer quits, with the screen:

Setup could not install the following component:
Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express - ENU

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me solve this issue. If you need to see any logfiles, just ask. Thanks again!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,

I found this solution:

I seemed to have solved the problem...I realized the compact frameworks had nothing to do with the problem...and I don't even know why they were installed...so I removed them (that didn't fix the problem)...Windows Update then did a Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable...I then installed .NET Framework 4.0 beta 2, because I figured maybe VS 2008 didn't remove it properly and stuffed up the registry or something...I then had to restart my computer and it configured the updates whilst shutting down and after restarting as well...I'm not sure if it was configuring the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Security Update or .NET 4.0 beta 2 but after I logged back in...I was able to install VS 2010 express edition flawlessly...

I hadden't any problem with installing vb express editions, but you can try it.

Thanks, but I already tried that >.<
Ugh. I still need help.

The Visual Studio 2010 Express release is now available for download on the Visual Studio Express Web Site!

The Visual Studio Express Editions are simplified versions of the Visual Studio Professional product, tailored for beginner and hobbyist developers. They offer power and productivity in a simple package and best of all, they are free!

New for this release, we have created a streamlined user experience that focuses on the most common commands by hiding some of the more advanced menus and toolbars. All of the Express features are still available via the Tools > Settings > Expert Settings menu.
webdevelopment services

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.