i want to know how % operator use for 4%10 produce the result 4

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

% is the remainder operator. It performs the usual division operation, but evaluates to the remainder instead of the quotient. In your example, 4 can't be divided by 10, so the quotient is 0 and the remainder is 4.

hi! iam a newbie how can i get the 10th, 100th, 1000th place for example: the interger is 1235, the ones place is 5, the tenth place is 3, the hundreds place is 2, and the thousands place is 1, please help me

hi! iam a newbie how can i get the 10th, 100th, 1000th place for example: the interger is 1235, the ones place is 5, the tenth place is 3, the hundreds place is 2, and the thousands place is 1, please help me

Of course you're a newbie. Only newbies hijack other people's posts for their own questions. And then don't bother to try to answer the question themselves but ask here for free code. Of course, they also don't bother reading the other posts in the thread that already answer their question.

commented: Nice One Walt +1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.