Hello everyone,
I am looking for some instructions on learning C# for a 15 year old. He is creating some games in Unity 3d program and is doing pretty good following tutorials but i don't think he is understanding the programming concepts. I searched google but can't find anything that is really helpful for a beginner. If anyone could point me to a direction, paid or otherwise i would appreciate it.
Thanks
Neil
Happy New Year!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I started learning from here when I was 15 (I'm 16 now) and now I know a lot of things. They put it in simple to understand terms to understand what is happening, although if you want to learn that stuff more in-depth then I suggest having a look at C.

I always found this site very usefull.
It is updated for VS 2010 and C# 4.

commented: Yup. Site has good study material. +11

Thank you both! Very helpful.

The best thing for him will be to use a variety of sources. The internet is a must there are multiple blogs on all subjects as well as tutorials, I would also advise a good text book though. The important thing is that he tries all the ways of doing what he wants that he can find until he finds a way that works.

commented: Good advice! +8

Head First C# is a great introductory text that is very "active" and engaging (for people of any age group). There's a new edition for C# 4.0. There's not a lot of depth to it, but it covers a large chunk of the language and has some fun labs.

commented: very good book indeed! +11
commented: stupdity +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.