I making a all in one program using visual studio 2010 C++ language and my all in one program includes free programs like firefox, opera, microsoft security essentials and people who uses my program doesn't need to install them they can just run it through my all in one program however file sizes ended up too big and i archived them in a cabinet file (.cab) but now i don't know how to run them while they in a cabinet file? Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Impossible. cab files are used for installation programs such as InstallShield. Your idea of an all-in-one is not workable because the program would have to be extracted every time someone wants to use it, and that would be very very slow.

I dont really mind making a slow better making it huge size how can i make it extract?

Don't know -- never tried it. You may not be able to extract just one file from a cab unless that's the only file in it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.