uhm, hello, i was hoping if anyone here can help me with my project its due on next week, im gonna fail if i dont submit this one, problem is i dont really understand visual basic, so im seeking for help here.. well here it goes..

i was asked by my professor to submit a scheduling system for professors during the start of every sem.. like, if a professor takes one subject, his name will be written on the scheduled subject and when other professors take it there will be a message box that will say, "Subject Taken, Please choose another one" or something like that, so, i will provide the schedule, and the professors will choose which time to take.. think anyone can help me on this?.. please reply asap.. thanks it will really save a future..

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Firstly, welcome to Daniweb.:)

Secondly, please read our community rules HERE. We normally do not answer on questions with a title that contains "Help", "Urgent" etc. Being new though, no harm no foul.

As far as your question goes, again refer to our rules. We do not help with homework projects if you require us to do the entire project for you. If you are willing to pay us, no problem,:) We do however help in our own free time, sooo....

What do you have so far?
What code do you have thus far?
What database will you be using, access, MySql, Sql?
etc, etc...

oh i see..o.o im sorry i didnt know that, uhm, anyway thanks and sorry.

well, i have to use ms access.. what im going to make is a database for scheduling instructor's subject load, like, if they take a subject for example english 121 that is 7-8am of the first year students of this course, it will reflect on the schedule of both the instructor and the section, also, no other instructor can avail that schedule if one has taken it.. uhm i hope it makes sense..:sweat:

so far, all i managed to do is the ms access part, so, i really dont know how to start it in visual basic..

This is only sample code. You still need to change it to suit your needs...

Option Explicit

Dim oConn As ADODB.Connection
Dim oRs As ADODB.Recordset

Private Sub Command2_Click()

'First check if text1 has a valid date...
If Not IsDate(Text1.Text) Then
    MsgBox "No Date selected.", vbOKOnly + vbInformation, "No Date"

Exit Sub
        Else
    'Using MS Access database...
    Dim sConn As String
    Dim oConn As New ADODB.Connection 'Declare a new connection...
    Dim oRs As New ADODB.Recordset 'Declare a new recordset...

sConn = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & App.Path & "\YourDatabaseNameHere.MDB;Persist Security Info=False"

oConn.Open sConn

oRs.Open "SELECT * FROM YourTableNameHere", oConn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic

oRs.AddNew

oRs!YourDateFieldNameHere = Text1.Text
    oRs.Update

oRs.Close
    oConn.Close
End If
End Sub
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.