im trying my hand at calling c functions from python. im reading up the tutorial http://csl.sublevel3.org/C-functions-from-Python/. however part of the tutorial says that i should

Compiling dynamic libraries on Mac OS X is different from the usual gcc -shared you might be used to:

gcc -dynamiclib -I/usr/include/python2.3/ -lpython2.3 -o myModule.dylib myModule.c

i am not sure how to do this. ive tried typing that under
"add the following commands when calling compiler" under compiler options but it did not work

any help please?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You are reading the wrong tutotorial -- that was written for MAC, not MS-Windows. It's quite easy with VC++ 2010 Express or Code::Blocks, both compilers have start-up templates that generate appropriate code for you, then all you have to do is add your own code that you want to export from the DLLs.

Ditch that old, ancient Dev-C++ compiler that hasn't been updated in a couple centuries and get either of the above two mentioned compilers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.