Hello again! Another noobish question :)

Can PHP be ran in MFC? Can i add it right in teh html file or convert it over to php? or do i include it in html? do i create a box in c++ tat connects to the php page?

or do i ahve to do something else?

Thank-you in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Since you're asking about MFC, I'm not sure I can help, but I think you should clarify something.

Are you trying to create a CGI script? If not, what are you trying to create?

Since you're asking about MFC, I'm not sure I can help, but I think you should clarify something.

Are you trying to create a CGI script? If not, what are you trying to create?

i have a php script that fetches notices and updates from a mysql database to display them on my custom beta launcher.

With the appropriate module/library installed, PHP is able to connect directly to MySQL. If your PHP script(s) is/are well-written, you shouldn't need a separate C/C++ CGI script... Where do you see the C++ coming into the picture?

In my application. Its built with c++ using the MFC lib. My PHP script includes the connection script from an online server. I want to know: How to run PHP in an MFC application? Do i need a seperate module/extension/library? Can i convert my MFC app's html file to a php file? Do I have to bring the PHP file in directly using C++?

So you're trying to run a PHP script inside a program written in C++...? This PHP script is used to establish a connection to a MySQL server? So you're trying to connect C++ to MySQL through PHP?

I'll have to back out at this point. By doing it this way you're getting into some messy stuff that I'm not familiar with, if it's even possible.

There might be a library that allows you to use PHP inside C++, but if there is, I'm not familiar with it. You may want to consider installing a MySQL library for your C++ and establishing the connection directly in the C++ code instead.

the PHP script conencts to an online php script that contains conenction information. In the PHP script tat i want to include in the app, processes data taken from the db and then displaying it in the app itself. No c++ conenctin to mysql, I need to know how to include a php script in a c++ app tat is usin the mfc lib.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.