Hello Daniweb!

I'm using VS2010, targeting .NET 4.0.

I'm looking for options with programmatically printing PDF's from a windows service. Basically, I have an app that will have a folder full of PDF's that were created overnight. The service should be able to print them to a specified printer, not just the default printer.

In a nutshell, I need to silently (no UI) print a PDF to various printers.

I downloaded the Adobe SDK in the hopes of finding something there. I'm only just starting to dig through it, but so far, no dice.

I've briefly tried adding the reader to a control, then programmatically creating an instance, loading the document, and then calling the PrintAll method. But I don't see a way to specify the printer. I suppose I could hack it by changing default printers in the background prior to each document print, but that's a hack. There's also licensing concerns with that method. I need a cleaner solution.

I'd prefer NOT to have to pay for a 3rd party app. I'm not opposed to anything open source though... or free.

Again, I'm using VS2010 (vb.net), and targeting the .Net Framework 4.0

Thanks for your help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.