I am not showing all the code it is not necassary.

TheInternets : TWebBrowser;

I wrote a program to navigate to a server that my friend has up. Then it should get a result and display it. This takes about a second to execute which is really bad for my program. Specially considering that if 9 of us run it on different computers they all run at the same speed? I would just like to know if it is possible to send out more Http requests from the same program at once? Cuz I know if I launch my program more than once it still continues at the same speed even though more of them are running.

This the only necessary code for this question, I think.

I heard something about the word "asynchronous" dont know what it means.

procedure TfrmHack.btnShow(Sender: TObject); // ... = a string.
begin
 TheInternets.Navigate(...);
end;

procedure TfrmHack.TheInternetsNavigateComplete(Sender: TObject; const pDisp: IDispatch; var URL: OleVariant);
begin
 ShowResult; // dont worry
end;

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It depends a bit on what you want to do with the results. If you want to show them all, you could use multiple TWebBrowser's and let each one get a page.

You better take advantage of the components of Indy (TidHTTP) and use threads TThread.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.