I want to make a rating system in vb6 that has stars like here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1217613/. Is there any add-on available for vb6 that will allow me to make this kind of rating system?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

simplest? maybe picture control with some code behind

What about using the Horizontal scroll bar .

What about using the Horizontal scroll bar .

I want it to look awesome like the stars rating. Using a horizontal scroll bar is just plain simple and there's no fun in it.

I did n't mean to use horizontal scroll bar for actual display, just to set the value..

It is always better to design your own component for the purpose.

This can be achieved by using ten small picture boxes. Load the default pics, blank star, blue star and gold star, to an image control. Use the mouse move events to load the different pics from your image control.

When the form loads, check a database table for a user/item status and add the pics (gold stars) accordingly.

This can be achieved by using ten small picture boxes. Load the default pics, blank star, blue star and gold star, to an image control. Use the mouse move events to load the different pics from your image control.

When the form loads, check a database table for a user/item status and add the pics (gold stars) accordingly.

Thanks for the help. I'm actually done with this. Our approach was actually the same.

It was a pleasure. Please mark this as solved, found at the bottom of this page, thanks.:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.