Hi,

I am creating the dll of my website by building the website.
Now the problem is I am not getting the XML documentation file in the debug folder of the bin folder.
There is no debug folder inside the bin folder!!
I am unable to see comments in my dll.

Please give any solution to this.

Thanks in advance!!

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Hey,

could you give some more information, about the Visual Studio you're using? The type of project, like is it an ASP.NET Application or a Website?

What are you expecting?

I m using visual studio 2008 n its an asp.net website
I Have documented my website completely but the problem is After building the website my comments are not visible in the dll neither the XML documentation file is found anywhere...
could You help me out!!!!

Click on Project, select the bottom item <Your project name> Properties.
Click on the Build tab.
Click on the XML Documentation file checkbox.

@Momerath i am not getting any XML Documentation file checkbox on the BUILD tab.
I am using visual studio 2008

I am getting the following three checkboxes:

1.Build website as a part of the solution.
2.Include accessibility validation when building page.
3. Include Accessibility validation when biulding web.

See attached image

@Memorath i think this image is of visual studio 2010, but I am using visual studio 2008

It's visual studio 2008, I have every version installed over here just in case.

But My property window is different from the one shown by you!!!!

But My property window is different from the one shown by you!!!!

The screen shot provided by Momerath is the Asp.Net web application and the options you are looking for is Asp.Net websites.

Just look @ the link: http://forums.asp.net/p/1429006/3207001.aspx, I guess you will get some useful info there.

@Knvn Thanks!!
This link was useful.

Since i am not getting any XML documentation check box on the build tag in the property page of my website, do i need to convert it into a web application project to get the feature of XML documentation file...

Will converting the website into web application affect the contents and the fuctionality of the website??????

That's not the web app page, that's the page from Project->Project properties. Which version of VS 2008 are you using? I've never seen the page you posted an image of.

That's not the web app page, that's the page from Project->Project properties. Which version of VS 2008 are you using? I've never seen the page you posted an image of.

If the project is a website, then there is no menu called 'Project' for it. This will be replaced with a menu called 'Website'.

Not on mine it isn't:

@Knvn: Thanks!!
@Momerath: The image You have uploaded is a web application whereas my project is a website.
KNVN is right, "If the project is a website, then there is no menu called 'Project' for it. This will be replaced with a menu called 'Website'"
Fing attached the version of the visual studio I am using....

That, of course, brings up the question: Why are you posting in C# forum when you are using Web Developer? :)

Because I am using C# in my front end code behind files.

Thanks guyzz for your help!!!!

My problem got sorted out. I successfully converted my website into a web application and now my comments are visible:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.