Hi, I own a multiplayer gaming site and the games on it I bought. It came with a gaming lobby and the games themselves, with the backend server stuff too. However, my knowledge of java is a bout as extensive as a three year olds knowledge of Father Christmas not being real!

In one of the .bat files that runs the server its showing a lot of errors, all seemingly the same so I assume its logging a problem that a user has, not all users as the server works for most. Attached is a shot of the errors, I realise it will be hard to suggest anything but all suggestions/pointers would be most welcome.

**EDIT** I think this is in the wrong forum and should be in JSP, apologies and if a mod could move it that would be great.

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm not too sure about this. It could be a thread timing out, or something blocking it. You'll probably have to wait until someone smarter than me posts.

Without seeing the code that is mentioned in the stacktrace it's impossible to say more, but it sounds like a method is being called with a null argument where that's illegal.

Without seeing the code that is mentioned in the stacktrace it's impossible to say more, but it sounds like a method is being called with a null argument where that's illegal.

I was wondering about that. I had never heard of a SocketConnectionWriter.

The package shows it to be a custom class from someone.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.