hey,
i have created a project in netbeans that contains an applet, later i use that projects jar file in web project and i embed the applet in the html file.
the annoying thing is that once i change something in my applet project the and i run the web project nothing changes i have to close and open neatbeans in order to update the applet. i have tried cleaning and building jar files and i have removed and added jar files but nothing works till i close and open netbeans (sometimes even that doesnt work)

is there alternative to using applets? i need to draw some graphs and applets are the only solution i know to get this accomplished

thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

is there alternative to using applets?

yes JSP and there are (Free, nonFree, MixedLicencies) lots of Widgets, templates, examples, tutorials etc..., I'm using Netbeans and this sites contains a few good tutrials about that, maybe .... web framework ruby on rails (faster for endUser Html viewer)

JApplets is very old ****, just for magic backCompabilities are't depreciated in Java 5 and 6

i would be willing to look more in to jsp but would jsp have the possibility to present graphs and charts because all the knowledge i have using jsp is for creating forms

thanks for your replay

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.