Hi friends
i have dell inspiron laptop with i3 core processor..having Oracle 10g as database.
i could n't run JDBC programs in my lapy. so many ppl spoke to me that dell lapy doesn't support type1 driver.. So i tried for third party type 4 drivers(OJDBC14.JAR) it is also not working.
please help me to run those programs. and am ready to change my database to MySQL or anything..
guys please help me.. its very urgent..

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I am not sure if I understand you, but if I understood you correctly, then my advice is move on to MySQL, and be sure that it's very easy to connect to it with Java. you have a working class ready in a couple of recent threads here in Java forums. if that's the route you chose to take, then I assure you will very fast be able to interact with MySQL with Java.

thanx but..
am using dell inspiron so is it possible to use mysql in it??

I am not sure if I understand you, but if I understood you correctly, then my advice is move on to MySQL, and be sure that it's very easy to connect to it with Java. you have a working class ready in a couple of recent threads here in Java forums. if that's the route you chose to take, then I assure you will very fast be able to interact with MySQL with Java.

thanx but..
am using dell inspiron so is it possible to use mysql in it??

I used to have a dell inspiron 2650 laptop, an old one, running xp, and mysql worked on it perfectly. I don't see why wouldn't MySQL run on a machine :) I guess the best way to verify though is to try and install it.

I used to have a dell inspiron 2650 laptop, an old one, running xp, and mysql worked on it perfectly. I don't see why wouldn't MySQL run on a machine :) I guess the best way to verify though is to try and install it.

here my problem is wid my operating system my lapy does nt support XP coz its i3 core processor.that's y am using win7 home basic only..
i need instructions that suits my OS

why don't you just bring your laptop over, and I'll do everything for you... I'm in Kosovo :)
come on man, just install it, I'm sure it will work in Windows 7 or whichever version you happen to have. try installing it, if it does not, look for instructions on specific problems you encounter.

why don't you just bring your laptop over, and I'll do everything for you... I'm in Kosovo :)
come on man, just install it, I'm sure it will work in Windows 7 or whichever version you happen to have. try installing it, if it does not, look for instructions on specific problems you encounter.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
okies nd thanx and bubye :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.