Hi,

I got the cxfreeze working on the Mac OS X 10.6.7 and the distilled Python script runs fine on that Mac Book. Now I'm getting reports from Mac user clients that it doesn't work for them. It is a simple script that only calls from the Mac it's terminal.

I do my work on Linux, is there something I'm not getting here?

Thanks for any pointers,
jkrueger

Is there something going on with Mac users email client and stripping file attachments with it's quarantine functions if the sender is not known?

OK, update. Have gotten around the above problem with

cxfreeze myScript.py --include-modules=module,module,module --target-dir myscript

And for scripts that open a text file to read cxfreeze distill isn't opening file which is opened with python in terminal.

Anybody have a clue?

OK, update. Have gotten around the above problem with

cxfreeze myScript.py --include-modules=module,module,module --target-dir myscript

And for scripts that open a text file to read cxfreeze distill isn't opening file which is opened with python in terminal.

Anybody have a clue?

If the distilled script is run from Terminal, on the Mac, with ./my_script it works fine. Is there a way to have cxfreeze handel this so more complicated scripts that open and work with files can be click to open?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.