How can these be done. For example running a shourtcut thats path is this

C:\app.exe -sync

will run a certain part of the application(the sync function). Do i need to make a seperate application. Also say i have a program that plays music files. then i have a music file that i right click and select to open with ,my proggie. How could i make it so that it knows to play that file?

i hope thats clear. The main thing i would like to know is the command line arguments.

-T

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Try the Environment.GetCommandLineArgs() method

Try the Environment.GetCommandLineArgs() method

Ok, thanks i check it out.

-T

static void Main(string[] args)
{
}

make your Main look like this and "args" is a string array of all the args passed

static void Main(string[] args)
{
}

make your Main look like this and "args" is a string array of all the args passed

Hey, thanks ive searched the web and ound some examples...and i will continue to mess around with it.

-T

What is commandline argument with example ?

commented: Don't bump old threads -1

Welcome sandeep9808.

Please do not resurrect old threads. If you have any questions please ask. .... You are welcome to start your own threads.

Please read the rules before posting again - http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread78223.html and rules.

Thread Closed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.