Sorry guys if Im repeating myself here, but ive search through the first page of search results and didnt find what I was looking for.

Basically, I need to create a Multi-Tabled Database, anyone of you who are familiar with Access will know you can use forms to browse through data using subform etc. Now I need to create a application which displays this information.

Heres a quick example of what I need;
Say I have one form which displays a list of recipie in a list box. Upon clicking on the recipie a new form appears with all the information about that recipie. I also require the recipie information to be editable and saveable from the vb application.

I have been working with Access for over 4 years now, so if its possible to create the database first inside access then later "import" it into VB.net, that will be much prefered.

Ok thanks for reading, let me know if you have any information regarding displaying information in VB.net

Yes, it is possible, you need to design your database inside Access and then USE it within VB. The problem with database questions is they are hard to answer in a post with a complete solution.

There are several methods to use a database in VB. I prefer to connect through late binding connections.

The connection string you need to use is something like this:

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\mydatabase.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;

You can find an example of Access connections here:
http://www.java2s.com/Code/ASP/ADO.net-Database/ReaddatafromOleDbConnectionVBnet.htm

Remember to use "Imports System.Data.OleDb" and "System.Data" before the class definition of your form.

Here is another sample of this:
http://vb.net-informations.com/ado.net-dataproviders/ado.net-oledbconnection.htm

When you have the connection, design your interface as you want, basically you will connect/disconnect each time you need to use the database.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.