I am writing information to a list box and I want to be able to have a small case letter following a period with no space between them ie: Harry.c
I am using VB6.
I will appreciate any/all help.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

use the Ucase$ function to convert a character to its lower case equivalent.

eg stName & "." & Ucase$(stAchar)

what is the input for the expected output ?

Private Sub txtTitle_Change()
txtTitle = StrConv(txtTitle, 3)
End Sub

End Sub

I am sorry but my posting was incorrect, it should have been I want to be able to have a LARGE case letter following a period with no space between them ie: Harry.E

Thank you for replying.

Thank you for the reply.

that did not answer my question.

what is the input string (without any function) for the expected output---Harry.E

i.e.----is it something like harry e

that did not answer my question.

what is the input string (without any function) for the expected output---Harry.E

i.e.----is it something like harry e

The expected output is Harry.E
Any name folowed by a period and an uppercase letter

if name is already followed by a period and an uppercase letter, what is the problem then ?

if name is already followed by a period and an uppercase letter, what is the problem then ?

The problem is when I type a name, then a period, the next letter is automatically small case But I want upper case.

please post some sample data for input with expected output.

I cannot understand why you are having a problem with my posts.

Maybe this will enlighten you.

I have written a program in VB6 that requires certain information to be entered and saved. The information has to be like the following example. Harry.E

As you can see Harry.E has no spaces. When I try to enter Harry.E the program will not accept an upper case letter immediately following a period so it changes the entry to Harry.e which is not what I want.

I cannot understand why you are having a problem with my posts.

that is because you are not posting here what the exact requirement is.

I have written a program in VB6 that requires certain information to be entered and saved. The information has to be like the following example. Harry.E

As you can see Harry.E has no spaces. When I try to enter Harry.E the program will not accept an upper case letter immediately following a period so it changes the entry to Harry.e which is not what I want.

If the code is designed to accept the information is a certain way , why it will not accept.

Lets see your code.

The Problem is that I cannot enter into my program Harry.E when I try I get Harry.e
It is plain to see that you have no idea what I am wanting.

I want to thank you for replying to my post.
I could not get the result I want with the code you sent.
I am using this code

End Sub

The 5th line of your convert function you are testing for lower case when you should be testing for upper case.

You're welcome.
The Psychic Programmer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.