Hi,

I have a file from the client which is a text file. I have to decode the file to a graphical representation. Is there any way I can do it?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

What the file contains and why you need to decode and using what ?

The file contains numbers and characters. There is a file with Fields denoting what these numbers and characters means. And all these files are text files.

Thanks

If the file is in purely text format then fields does not make any sense.

How to differentiate between data from one field to another ?

If it is in delimited format, it will be easy to load it into DB and then use the data to create graphs.

The field file looks like this:

Reverse 1
21: MerchXSqueeze Boolean, Obsolete
22: MerchYMin Integer, min=0, max=9999, default=0
23: MerchYMax Integer, min=0, max=9999, default=0
24: MerchYUprights Integer, min=0, max=9999, default=0
25: MerchYCaps Integer, min=0, max=9999, default=0
26: MerchYPlacement Enumerated, 4 values

It's just a part of the file.

Thanks

Please find attached.

Thanks

You need to crate tables in the DB as per the fields file and to load the data in the text file it needs to be properly formatted.

First look at your data shows it is not properly formatted.

Hi,

I realised that it's a CSV and I got to read the CSV file successfully. I will have to render image into a picture box, which I'm confused about how to do.

Thanks

Store the data in CSV into database and use it as desired.

It's currently in a string array which is fine with me. I now get the x value, y value, width and height from this array. How do I draw a rectangle based on these values in the picturebox?

Thanks

This may help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.