I am starting this thread to gather some useful information before i start my work

I am working on a project which takes user information and store it in database.. Now each user has seperate department's. I simply want to attach the user information to pre-configured outlook with department email....

Any idea from where to start... I have some seen documentation regrading to java to outlook api but didnt get it all.... Some easy phrases from professional will make things very easy for me.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

sorry for my input, because I'm not professional, and with my knowledge about Java would be a great impudence coding anything in this PL :-)

JXTreeTable or Outline by Netbeans are basen on JTreeTable (again somebody sometimes to forgot for something, for JTreeTable especially, long time without any progress)

Direct access to Outlook from Java is a real pain. It's a COM interface, but com4j seems to have big bugs with Outlook and Jacob is really hard to use (those are the two realistic Java/COM bridges).
However, some scripting languages have direct access to COM interfaces, and with the tight integration of scripting languages into Java's latest versions, it may be a lot easier to go via a scripting language.

Which scripting language u prefer? I simply want to provide email address in "TO" field and attachment, rest is handled by user itself....

Majestics
If I am not wrong My SQL is easy to handle from Java.

commented: What does that have to do with Outlook? -3
commented: Its Outlook -1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.